The Waldecker Land – Hesse’s Number 1 Holiday Region!
© Touristik Service Waldeck-Ederbergland GmbH
The holiday and recreation region of the Waldecker Land lies in the heart of Germany and is only two to three hours driving from the metropolises at the Main and Rhine.
The only national park of Hesse, the Nationalpark Kellerwald-Edersee, the natural park with the same name and the Diemelsee Natural Park, as well as the hiking roads Kellerwaldsteig, Uplandsteig, Diemelsteig and Urwaldsteig-Edersee, certified with the quality award “Qualitätswanderweg Wanderbares Deutschland”, and finally the “Premium Road” Burgwaldpfad invite you for extended, unforgettable hikes.
Other recreation possibilities in the holiday region of the Waldecker Land also are very diversified:
- Water sports on the Edersee, Diemelsee or Twistesee
- Nordic Walking in one of the parks of the Nordic Walking Paradise
- Bicycle tours and mountain biking
- Culture in the numerous museums and half-timbered towns
- Enjoy recreation and wellness in the natural spas and climatic health resorts
- Play golf at one of the three golf courses in Bad Wildungen, Bad Arolsen, or Waldeck
The Waldecker Land lures you all year long with attractive offers, indifferently whether you travel alone, in twos or with the whole family.